Friday 25 April 2008

Sister with hidden talent





My sister has been hiding her light under a bushel, well in her loft really, but that doesn't have quite the same impact. I had no idea she had such a treasure trove of beautiful glass, vases, pots and many other things that she has painted. She lives in America, and I haven't seen any of it, nor indeed did I know about it.



I knew she could paint, as she did a beautiful painting for her GCE, but this. She has goldmine in her hands and I am going to help prospect it! I am going to help her sell her art. It's such a shame for beautiful objects to be hiding away from view. It won't be without its difficulties given the distances involved but we will manage.



No I am not bored, as I have plenty of writing to be keeping myself busy until the Grim Reaper shakes his scythe at me. It is just so nice to be able to tell someone how genuinely good their work is, in any field, and to encourage them to go on doing something they love. Besides we have to shift it, or she will have to move to a bigger house!



I have had a big thumbs up from my Dad and my sister, which is quite something, as a qualified teacher he would not give false praise, and a lovely comment from an Australian and an American too. So at present there aren't enough hours in the day/night, jeeze this is full of clichés, but busy is happy, and I am that.



So all you writers and artists, or whatever you do in life, keep at it and... Be Happy. That's a title of another of my books, but that's another story. Ouch!



No comments: